CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 20, 2010

Foodie Friday

Because Thursday is "Thirsty Thursday", I figure Friday should be called "Foodie Friday." I will post a favorite recipe every Friday (or one that looks really yummy... because I'm not that big of a cook! LOL).

This week I want to share with you a yummy dish that my father-in-law (FIL) made a few weeks back! It was AWESOME!!! But he never sent the recipe to me... so I made up my own! LOL! I made enough with this recipe that I was able to make a full 9x13 dish and then freeze an 8x8 dish for later! The frozen dish will be great on nights that I can't cook (which will be often when I start back to school... next WEEK!). I even took a pic of one of my servings!! Thanks for the "food photog" advice, Andrea! Yummy!



Blue Mac and Cheese

Ingredients:


2- 16 oz. boxes Rigatoni or penne pasta (can use whole wheat pasta, too)

8 oz bag of shredded Mozzarella cheese

4 to 6oz of crumbled blue cheese (I used Kraft in the little tub)

Grated parmesan... according to your taste

3 green onions, chopped finely

8oz carton heavy cream

1.5 cups regular bread crumbs

1/2 cup crumbled REAL bacon bits

2 pinches of sea salt & cracked black pepper


Preparation:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.

2. Drain all liquid from pasta.

3. While pasta is hot, stir in all ingredients above (Save a little

bread crumbs, parmesan and blue cheese for the toppping.)

4. Grease both pans.

5. Pour in a layer of pasta mixture into pan.

6. Sprinkle bread crumbs and grated parmesan on top of pasta.

7. Continue layering pasta mixture and bread crumb/cheese mixture until finished.

8. Sprinkle what's left of the cheeses and bread crumbs on top.

9. Bake at 350 degrees covered with foil 25-30 minutes.

10. Uncover the dish and bake another 10 minutes.

11. Enjoy!!!



*** Hope this isn't too confusing! I am what you call a "dump cook". I never really measure anything... just dump it in until I think it "looks good"! LOL!

*** Another fun fact: Seth is a SUPER picky eater and he LOVES this!












2 comments:

  1. Yummy yum yum!!! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will definitely have to try it and let me know what you think! SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I'll get back to you ASAP! :-)